Proudly Serving Douglas & El Paso County - Call For A Free Estimate
Pests We Treat In Colorado Springs: Bed Bugs
Pest control treatments for bed bugs can vary depending on the size of the infestation, but most cases require an initial treatment with two follow-up treatments every fifteen days, and then a minimum of six monthly treatments. This process of treatment ensures that the infestation is completely resolved.
Most treatments are made to box springs, mattresses, headboards, footboards, wall voids, electrical outlets, couches, nightstands, and dressers. Residual materials (aerosols materials designed to kill bed bug eggs on contact) and insect growth regulators (which inhibit the adults from reproducing) help to achieve pest control in a safe and effective way.
Preparation is essential to any bed bug management program. Preparations include, but are not limited to:
- Dry clothes in a dryer for a minimum of 45 minutes. The heat will kill any adult bed bugs or bed bug eggs that may be present.
- Remove sheets and bedding from the mattress and box spring.
- Make sure to set the mattress and box spring along one wall.
- Remove all items from closets, night stands, and dressers. Place everything into plastic bags.
- Place plastic bags in areas that won’t conflict with the treatment, such as a garage or bath tub.
- These preparation procedures will allow for the pest control technician to inspect and treat any areas that may be conducive to a bed bug infestation.
Don’t waste time and money on over-the-counter remedies or unprofessional service. Call High Country Pest Control in Colorado Springs for reliable pest control service and a free phone quote today!