Proudly Serving Douglas & El Paso County - Call For A Free Estimate
Pests We Treat in Colorado Springs: Flies
Our professional team of pest control specialists have techniques and treatments that will eliminate fly infestations at the source. We start by tracking down the reasons why the flies are in your home. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a dumpster that is placed too close to the home or an animal got into your home and died in a hidden spot and is attracting flies. Whatever the reason may be, we will find the reason and remove any fly eggs, adult flies, and breeding areas, and seal up any access points to prevent the problem from occurring again in the future.
- Color: Dull gray with four stripes on thorax
- Size: About ¼ inch long
- Host materials: Animal waste, garbage, and other decaying organic matter
- Color: Black/silvery-black checkered body (similar to the horse fly)
- Size: About ⅜ inch long
- Host materials: They breed outdoors in lawns and fields, and are parasites of earthworms
- Color: Adult horse flies are brownish in color, hairy, and resemble honey bees
- Size: ½ inch to 1 inch long
- Host material: Males feed on nectar of plants while females bite animals, commonly livestock such as cattle and horses
- Color: Slightly lighter than the house fly, but is easily distinguished by the long, pointed proboscis that extends from the front of its head
- Size: About ¼ inch long
- Host material: Livestock waste and other rotting organic matter
- Color: Gray or light brown, with some species having yellow and black striping
- Size: About ¼ inch to ⅓ inches long
- Host material: Feed on the blood of humans and animals
As you can see, most of the common flies we see here in Colorado are extremely similar in size and color. If you are struggling with identifying the type of fly you are experiencing trouble with, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We would be more than happy to help and provide pest control services to exterminate them from your home or business.
Another important reason to have flies removed from your home or business is the fact that they are unsanitary and known to be the cause of a series of illnesses, including:
- Typhoid — a contagious and dangerous bacterial infection that can cause severe inflammation to the intestines
- Cholera — a bacterial disease that is potentially fatal and can cause dangerous intestinal problems
- Salmonella — more commonly known as food poisoning, flies can transmit this disease when they land on garbage or contaminated food.
- Dysentery — Another intestinal infection that is potentially fatal and leads to dehydration
If you are noticing flies in or around your home, keep yourself and your family safe by calling a professional pest control technician at High Country Pest Control in Colorado Springs today.
Experts in Fly Extermination
Flies not only make your business look unsanitary, but some of them can even bite and cause serious infections. They are annoying, filthy, and can leave your company with a poor reputation. Flies can even be financially damaging due to health department regulations if they come across flies during an inspection, which could cause your establishment to shut down if you are serving any kind of food.
As for your home, your family is important. The last thing you want is an annoying few flies hanging around your home to end up biting a loved one and cause an infection. If you notice that flies are becoming a problem around your property, please give us a call today.