Getting Rid Of Ants In Your Colorado Springs Home For Good!
While ants are not generally seen as destructive pests by many homeowners, they can cause many issues depending on the species taking over your property. Ants are essential to the Colorado Springs ecosystem and are pretty beneficial outdoors. These social creatures dig many tunnels underground, aerating the soil and improving water retention. They also help with decomposition as they consume dead plant and animal matter. And finally, they are a vital part of the seed dispersal process, which helps plants thrive. If ants were to disappear, many species would be affected, disrupting the ecological balance.
However, you do not want these tiny invaders inside your house, as they can spread pathogens, cause significant property damage, and cause allergic reactions. If you are dealing with an ant infestation, it's time to learn about the common species of home-invading ants like the odorous house ant, understand the problems they can cause in your house, and five of the most effective tips to prevent future ant infestations year-round. A quality pest control company can help you determine the most effective way to get rid of ants safely.
High Country Pest Control provides pest control in Colorado Springs that you can rely on to eliminate them for good with effective treatments and prevention strategies.
Common Species Of Home-Invading Ants
Ants are a prevalent pest, with more than 12,000 species worldwide. These relatives of bees and wasps live in highly hierarchical groups divided into soldiers, workers, and queens. There are three common ant species in Colorado Springs that you want to look out for:
Odorous House Ants
Odorous house ants are the most common type in Colorado Springs homes. These brown to black ants readily invade food supplies, spread pathogens, and emit a strong and off-putting scent when crushed. Their colonies contain several queens, making them more challenging to exterminate than others. Their favorite food source is the sweet and sticky secretion produced by some aphids, but they will go for human food sources if needed. Odorous house ants are tiny, typically under an eighth of an inch, and are not known to bite. They prefer warm and high-in-humidity areas, and you might find them in kitchens, bathrooms, and house plants. You need to reach the queen to get rid of the entire colony. You can count on High Country Pest Control for effective ant control solutions.
High Country takes such great care of us! The regular maintenance is great, and the one-off needs/requests are handled so quickly! Jerold is wonderful, patient, knowledgeable & able to calm me down when it comes to all things bug-related.- Tisha O.
High Country Pest Control has provided a reliable and effective service in getting rid of all kinds of bugs at my new home. They are professional, quick to respond, and have a very kind and friendly staff.- Emily M.
We had been struggling with a bed bug issue that we inherited from the last slumlord apartment that we lived in. High Country came in, did a very thorough inspection, and applied really good product.- Jim C.
Remembered me from last year. If I had continued with monthly service I wouldn't be terrorized by a full on mouse invasion. Highly recommend their services.- Celia C.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House
The most effective way to get rid of ants in your house is to work with a home pest control company in Colorado Springs that knows about the local pests affecting homes. At High Country Pest Control, we have close to a decade of experience providing pest control services in Colorado Springs, are one of the top-rated woman-owned companies in the area, and are QualityPro, and GreenPro certified. Our team of highly trained experts strives to be environmentally responsible, solution-oriented, and always mindful of your unique needs and concerns. Contact High Country Pest Control to get started.
We will schedule a home inspection to determine how ants are getting on your property and what keeps them thriving. We will work with you to devise a treatment plan that is safe and effective and include prevention strategies to ensure your ant problem is taken care of for good. Our ant control services follow a three-step process: a thorough inspection of your property, including garage, deck, under appliances, and crawl spaces. Treatments may include sealing off cracks, placing insect monitors, applying deterrents and gel baits, and using liquid insecticides as spot treatments. Rest assured that your safety is paramount and that all treatments are safe for your family and pets when used correctly. Because one visit may not be enough, we offer follow-up visits as well as warranties. After treating your home, we will share various ant prevention tips, including the following five strategies.
Call us now to speak with a service professional who can answer your questions and provide a free, over-the-phone estimate.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Ant Infestations In Your Home
The following effective ant control tips can help you prevent future ant infestations:
- Seal air gaps in your home: Common house ants are tiny and can come indoors easily looking for food, water, and shelter. Please don't make it easier for them, and try to fix cracks and air gaps in your walls and foundation to prevent them from invading.
- Remove stagnant water: Many pests are attracted to stagnant water. Fixing leaks will also help keep other invaders at bay. Make sure your drains are not clogged, and remove kiddy pools, buckets, flower pots, and anything that might collect rainwater. Also, check the humidity level of your house. If it is high, one or more dehumidifiers can help, depending on the size of your home. Be sure to empty them regularly; otherwise, you will end up with yet another source of stagnant water.
- Keep trash cans closed and clean: Trash cans that are full of decomposing food or covered in food spills are a magnet for ants, flies, cockroaches, and other pests. It is always best to take the trash out daily, keep all bins closed tightly, and clean them regularly inside and outside.
- Keep food prep areas clean and disinfected: Because many ants are looking for food, you will often find them in kitchens and other places where you might handle food. Because they transmit dangerous pathogens, you might need to disinfect floors and surfaces. You will have a better chance of deterring ants by keeping your kitchen and dining room vacuumed, mopped, and wiped clean.
- Schedule regular inspections: Getting rid of ants can be difficult. They are tiny and can also grow new colonies quickly if treatments do not reach the queen. By scheduling regular inspections, you can spot an infestation while it is still in the early stages, making it easier to exterminate them.
Routine pest control treatments and these five tips are the best way to get rid of ants safely and all year.
If ants have started to invade, using ant pest control treatments and prevention strategies is the best way to eliminate these potentially dangerous pests. Contact us today for a free quote, schedule a home inspection, and let us get rid of your ant colonies for good.